Rules and Regulations
Here at Bristol Motor Speedway, we desire the safest environment possible for fans to enjoy the event experience.
In an effort to enhance fan comfort during the races, Bristol Motor Speedway will continue its carry-in bag policy for our events. In addition to permitting one 14-inch cooler, fans now may bring one carry-in bag only. That item also may not exceed the 14-inch size limit. All carry-in items will be searched prior to entry into Speedway grandstands. It is recommended that fans make their way into the gates at least one hour prior to green flag to allow proper time for inspection of these items.
To ensure that all fans have a safe and enjoyable visit to Bristol Motor Speedway and Bristol Dragway, the following items will not be permitted inside the gates:
- Beer balls
- Coolers wider than 14 inches
- Folding chairs
- Glass containers
- Golf carts, ATV-type vehicles
- Helium balloons and beach balls
- Illegal drugs
- Noisemakers, horns
- Pets - except service animals assisting the disabled
- Roller Blades
- Scaffolds or platforms
- Stadium seats wider than 17 inches
- Stadium seats with arms
- Weapons of any description including guns, knives, ice picks, etc., regardless of permit.
- Other items that may pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons.
Prohibited items that are discovered during security inspections at the Speedway entrances must either be returned to the owner's vehicle or discarded. Unlawful items that are discovered during security inspections are subject to confiscation and the person in possession of those items is subject to arrest. Any prohibited item discovered inside the Speedway is subject to confiscation.
Please note that the following activities are not permitted on Speedway or Dragway grounds:
- Solicitation for Donations
- Selling or Buying Tickets
- Unapproved Selling of Merchandise or Services
- Unapproved Distribution of any item
- Unapproved Entertaining
- Since the Tennessee Legislature passed the "Non-smokers Protection Act" in 2007, Bristol Motor Speedway has been a non-smoking facility inside the grandstand area as well as in restrooms and on suite level. While it is an outdoor arena and our guests choose their seats when they make a purchase, no one can choose who sits beside, in front or behind them. We ask smokers to please be courteous and respectful of their fellow race fans and BMS policies and take advantage of smoking on the concourse areas where it is permitted. If there are issues with guests adhering to this policy, please text Bristol, your location and your concerns to 69050. We want everyone's experience at Bristol Motor Speedway to be a positive memory and appreciate your help with this.