Timothy Peters put on a clinic in Wednesday night’s UNOH 200 Camping World Truck Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway leading every lap en route to his first career win at the “World’s Fastest Half-Mile.”

Peters started from the second position, but wrestled the lead from pole sitter Cale Gale on the very first lap. Peters was able to hold on to the top spot even through a round of yellow flag pit stops.

A late rash of cautions kept the field close, making Peters race hard to earn the win. In one incident, Todd Bodine and Gale came together off of turn two, cutting the left rear tire on Bodine’s truck. Bodine spun hard in to the outside wall.

A few laps later, Gale suffered the same fate, getting turned around on the backstretch after several trucks bunched up in a tight race for the top positions. Gale slid hard in to the inside wall, ending the night for the number one starter.

The only other vehicle to lead the field during the night was the Ford pace car. Thanks to the event’s six cautions, almost one-fourth of the laps took place behind the car. It did not matter to Peters though, as he held tough and fought off several late race challenges for the win.

“These guys worked their butts off,” Peters said after the race. “We had great speed in the first practice. She (the truck) was flawless tonight. I thank the good Lord for being with me and letting me win two in one year. We are working hard. The sky is the limit right now. My mom is here with me tonight; it is just a good time.

“I love short track racing. I love every track, but I feel more in my element when I come home. Last week, Butch said we were coming to our house….The first lap going in to the first turn, the truck was flawless. It is pretty cool to win on Tom’s birthday.”

Peters’ win came on truck owner Tom DeLoach’s birthday. It was an impressive night for DeLoach’s Red Horse Racing as second place finisher Parker Kligerman also was in a truck owned by DeLoach. The team’s third truck, was driven by Bodine, who was in contention for most of the event.

“It is very sweet tonight,” DeLoach said. “I am a blessed man. I am blessed with people who are good at doing their jobs. My job is to give them a playing surface, and boy did they do it tonight. One and two on your birthday is pretty dog gone sweet.”

One interesting battle near the end of the race took place between Kligerman and Brad Keselowski, the owner who released Kligerman just a few weeks ago. When asked about racing against his former owner for second position, Kligerman said he did not care who was behind the wheel of the truck ahead.

“There are no hard feelings between Brad and I,” Kligerman said. “At the end of the day, we are both drivers. I’m glad to come out on top of that. In the end, I don’t race him any different. We came out on top and that is all that matters.

“This truck left the shop Monday at 10:30 p.m. The guys have worked hard ever since we signed the deal. Timothy helped us so much. I wanted to get a good restart at the end, but Timothy checked up and I checked up, then he got a run. I consider myself a better restarter than that. I’ll beat myself up on that the rest of the week.

Ross Chastain brought home his career best finish with a third in Bristol.

“It took me 150 laps to figure out how to run it,” Chastain said. “I have to give it to our team. We had a few incidents at the end, but that is Bristol baby.  We came here expecting to do this and had some lap times at the end comparable to Timothy.”

Joey Coulter finished fourth with Brendan Gaughan fifth. Rookie Ryan Blaney came home sixth, followed by James Buescher, Ron Hornaday, Matt Crafton and Justin Lofton.

Bristol race week continues with Food City Race Night and the Ford Transporter Parade on Thursday. Friday includes Sharpie Qualifying and the 20th Anniversary Food City 250. On Saturday, NASCAR’s biggest stars square off in the IRWIN Tools Night Race.

Tickets still are available for both races. For more information, call (423) BRISTOL or 855-888-8545.